🔥 4th Gen Tacoma A/C Drain Location + Relocation on a Trailhunter Hybrid

SmokyMtnTaco Original Poster
Post #1
Trailhunter
SmokyMtnTaco
Trailhunter
Threads:40
Posts:53
Reactions:11
Joined:Feb 27, 2026
Location:Smoky Mountains, TN

If you came from a 3rd-gen Tacoma, the A/C drain on the 4th gen is not where you’re used to seeing it. On my 2025 Trailhunter hybrid it exits farther back under the passenger side, around the front passenger-seat area.


I found a little surface rust starting in the same area where the condensation lands, so I relocated the drain and filmed the full 4th-gen install.


One thing I checked before publishing: I could not verify that Toyota moved the drain specifically because of the hybrid system. Non-hybrid 4th-gen owners report the same general drain location, so this looks like a generation/platform change rather than a hybrid-only change.


VIDEO:

KIT: https://tacomastore.com/products/ac-drip-relocation-kit-for-tacoma


If you have a 2024+ Tacoma, post your trim and a photo/location of your drain. Let’s build a good real-world fitment thread.


--
Ole Smoky

"If you park your Tacoma, you have to turn around and do a double take!"